Standard League Standing
1. B “That’s Trash” K running” Experimental Hunter” a mono green aggro deck with 39 points
2. Adam Raschig with “Rakdos Aggro” a black red aggro deck 30 points
3. Vince Martinez running “Esper Control” a blue, white and black deck with 24 points
4. Devin Johnson running “Simic Control” a blue green combo deck with 24 points
5. James Pekoll running “Golgari Midrange” a black green combo deck with 24 points
6. Caleb Trainor running “BoReck” a white and red midrange deck with 24 points
7. Mike “The Draft” Gibowski running “Esper Eggroll” a blue, white and black deck with 18 points
8. Paul Thomas running “Blue Waves” a mono blue devotion deck with 15 points
B “That’s Trash” K took a furious lead monopolizing on a consistent creature drop and using cards like phytoburst and giant growth to apply early pressure. Adam Raschig followed up in a current second using fast human creatures early game and trading in his humans for zombies via Xathrid necromancer.
Paul Thomas running “Human Cavern” a boris aggro deck with 6 points
Caleb Trainor running “BGI!!!” a golgari infect deck with 0 points
Caleb came out with Phyrexian Crusaders hoping to wither away Paul’s creatures and finally poison the competition. However, the opposition took the lead using Mikaeus, the Lunarch and Champion of the Parish to out pace Caleb’s -1/-1 counters.
Vince Martinez running “Legacy Goblins” a tribal goblin deck with 12 points
Paul Thomas “Gruul Legacy” a tribal elemental deck with 6 points
Caleb Trainor running “EAA” a tribal elf deck with 3 points
Vince blitzed the opponents using goblin matron, goblin chieftain, and warren instigator to ensure a consistent and solid assault, Paul came in swinging heavy with rumbling slum and Caleb was left to pitch his much needed elvish war engine into the fray just to cling on the hopes of another turn.